-->

Friday, January 15, 2010

Change to GreenBulbs - Thinking Green

LED lamps are starting to replace traditional bulbs because of their high efficiency and long-life span. Rather than using electrical filaments or halogen gas, LEDs shine using tiny clusters of light-emitting diodes. GreenBulbs by Amcor are a full line of household LEDs, which fit standard screw in sockets and outdoor floods. GreenBulbs recycle easily as they do not contain harmful mercury or halogen gases. But you won't have to worry about discarding them for a long time, since these energy-conserving bulbs can last several years. Look for them at your local hardware store or home improvement store.

(Information and photo obtained from Amcor website).

4 comments:

Wishful Nals said...

thanks for sharing!

J9 said...

I've been wanting to switch to LED, but as a very visual person, I find they are cooler than incandescent, and I have a ton of flourescent bulbs that I got for free a few years back, and need to use first. Do you find that the light tones are cooler than flourescent as well, or in between the 2?

Little Tesoro said...

Great idea. I'm going to look for these.

Denise said...

J9 - thanks for posting! I find the fluorescent bulbs really bother my eyes and truthfully I like the natural light bulbs but these "green" bulbs seem to be getting better each year!