-->

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

I've decided that Thursdays will be dedicated to a collection of thought provoking ideas. It will include random postings, articles from helpful websites, quotes of people I find inspiring, interesting resources....you get the idea.

Today's post is a quote from Carter Godwin Woodson... "For me, education means to inspire people to live more abundantly, to learn to begin with life as they find it and make it better."

Speaking of Education, we are very happy because our youngest son Evan was accepted into Massachusetts College of Art and Design (his first choice). He would like to pursue a career in Graphic Design and we are ecstatic he will be under two hours away (I love Boston). Here is photo of Evan, with a happy face and his acceptance letter! Our hope is that he will develop a career, but more importantly that he will be inspired and learn to inspire others to live life fully, and leave this world a better place.

12 comments:

Bee Square Fabrics said...

Congratulations! I still remember getting my acceptance letter to my first choice school. That feeling never leaves.

Graphic design is a great choice! The world always needs a little more beauty.

MK Beads said...

Congrats! I went to art school in Sarasota Florida- Ringling School of Art and Design for Illustration and minored in Fine Arts Printmaking. Going to art school was one of the most challenging but rewarding experiences for me! Your son is going to love it! You learn so much, and being surrounded by other artists is a wonderful way to nurture your creativity and fine tune your skills!

Tiedupmemories said...

Yay! How exciting! Congratulations to him!Great photo!

starrynightimpressions said...

Yeahhhh, Isn't it the greatest feeling when our children are happy!
What a wonderful experience he will have in this exciting field.
Thanks for sharing the news with us all :)
blessings,
starrydeborah

jazziesjunque said...

Yay for Evan. He is a very handsome young man. Love your blog.

Couture de Papier said...

Mass Art is awesome,congrats..thank you for adding me to yout tweet!

esque said...

Congratulations, Evan!

How exciting and I am sure he'll do well!

Karrie said...

Congrats Evan! It is the best feeling to hold that letter for the first time.

beadworkbyamanda said...

Awesome news! I was in his shoes three years ago. I'm about to graduate! I would love to be in school for graphic design but opted for Chemistry. :)

yippeevintage said...

Congratulations to Evan! Handsome, happy and creative... you must so proud :)

Kiiss said...

Congratulation!! Evan is so cute *blush*

TheresaJ said...

Nice post! Congratulations to you and your son on his wonderful accomplishment. Much luck to him in the future.