-->

Friday, February 13, 2009

Fabulous Friday Food Feature ~ Homemade Doggie Treats

Homemade Dog Treats

Ingredients

2 cups brown rice flour
1 large egg
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
2/3 cup milk

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Combine flour, salt.
  • In a medium bowl, combine egg, oil, parsley and mint; mix well. Slowly stir into the flour mixture and add enough milk to make a dough the consistency of drop biscuits.
  • Drop tablespoons of dough about 1 inch apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes, or until firm. Store cooled biscuits in covered container in refrigerator.

7 comments:

BarkerBell Herbs and Heirlooms said...

I bet my dog would love these! I'll definitely have to try them. Thanks for sharing!

Tam

Krazy Kate Designs said...

I have a great recipe for dog treats that is made in a dehydrator. Thanks for sharing this one, sounds quicker.

The Pink Bird House said...

Thanks so much for passing along the recipe. I am giving it to my daughter, cuz she loves to bake up goodies for our Cody. Debby

MillieDog Designs said...

These sound great! I'll have to try them for my pups :)

Ophelia Miller Boutique said...

My dog would love this. Thanks for sharing.

Ripper Arts said...

Cool. I'll file away for when we get another dog. We had to put ours down in October. We miss Guinness. :(

Cathy from Wire and Wool said...

Oh my goodness! I will have to make some of these for our dog, Luckey! You can see her in my blog...we adopted her just over a year ago and she's so loved by all of us.
-Cathy