-->

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday Treasures ~ Be Generous and Connect

"Make room daily for your own time and space, so that you are able to open your door generously to others." Teresa Heinz


It is so important in our often hectic lives, to try to take time to connect with ourselves in simple, quiet ways. I find my day is more productive if I can connect to my inner self, ideally for me, at the beginning of my day. I enjoy meditation and find it centers me, enabling me to focus and tackle whatever tasks may lie ahead. The key is consistancy (which I admit I am still working on) and attempting to make it a part of our daily routine. Seek to practice whatever may work for you - meditation, prayer, sitting quietly, reading a book, a walk or run in a park or by the shore. You'll feel refreshed, relaxed and more at peace with yourself. I have to agree with Philanthropist Teresa Heinz, that "when we are relaxed with ourselves we are also able to be more generous toward others."

5 comments:

Gaston Studio said...

Just found your blog and added you to my roll. Can't wait to see what you'll offer next.

Tiedupmemories said...

Wonderful post!

The Pink Bird House said...

Another great post!!

Cottage In The Sun said...

I love Renoir's paintings - thanks for the reminder!

jen x said...

What a wise sentiment. Timely for me, too, since I just started working remotely from home and everything seems to be in a jumble and unsettled. OK, I'm off to check out more of this wonderful blog!