-->

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday Treasures ~ Great Quotes on Patience

My mom used to say you can never have enough patience. She should know having raised 10 children. I found this post from ShareThis worth repeating:

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope
- Alexandre Dumas Père

Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.
- unknown

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
- Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

He that can have Patience, can have what he will
- Benjamin Franklin

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
- Barbara Johnson

The secret of patience is doing something else in the meanwhile
- unknown

The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
- Arnold H. Glasgow

Patience is passion tamed.
- Lyman Abbott

Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it.
- Eknath Easwaran

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.
- Bill McGlashen

photos by Stock Exchange

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.
- Buddhist Proverb

One minute of patience, ten years of peace
- Greek proverb

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Patience is not passive; on the contrary, it is active; it is concentrated strength
- Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Patience is a virtue, Virtue is a grace; Both put together Make a very pretty face
- unknown

Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it’s cowardice.
- George Jackson

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
- Margaret Thatcher

You must first have a lot of patience to learn to have patience.
- Stanislaw J. Lec

All commend patience, but none can endure to suffer.
- Thomas Fuller

Infinite patience brings immediate results.
- Wayne Dyer

Which is your favorite quote?

7 comments:

Tiedupmemories said...

Wow! I can't imagine the amount of patience your mom had!Hats off to her!! Love all the quotes!Thanks for sharing!
Tracy

Gaston Studio said...

I agree, it must have taken an enormous amount of patience to raise 10 children. I only had 3 and it seemed (at the time) to take all the patience I could muster.
Love the quotations and must say my favorite is:
"Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it."
Jane

Creative Minds said...

too cool! great blog

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.
- unknown

This is my favorite! I pray for patience every day! More than one person through the years has told me I'm not patient enough so it must be a trait I need to work on!
Michelle-

Claire said...

I just love your blog. It's beautiful. My favorite is: "one minute of patience, ten years of peace."

Denise said...

Thanks Claire - all my blogger friends are fabulous!!

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

Dearest Denise,
Yeah patience is a virtue.. Such an overwhelming post to share.. Achieving and learning to be patient is one of the best skill one could ever learn.. It emphasizes all about how a person live their lives compassionately..Thanks for sharing this my friend.