-->

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday Thinking Green ~ Favorite Earth Friendly Cleanser

"Remember, keeping clean is easy. All you need is a sensible pair of shoes, a little elbow grease, and the right soap." Thelma Meyer

I am presently in the midst of "Spring Cleaning" inside of my home. This month is great for tackling the indoor dust bunnies since next month will hopefully be warmer and be garden planting time!
As I have posted previously, I try to create my own earth friendly cleaning products but will admit there are some products I keep on hand.
We have very hard well water which leaves terrible lime deposit stains everywhere and can be very difficult to clean. One line of products I love is Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Home Cleaning products. I discovered of few of their products while shopping at Whole Foods last summer. Recently, I have started purchasing their products on-line, as the closest Whole Foods is 30 minutes away. What is nice about on-line shopping is the availablity of the whole product line with the convenience of home delivery.
I am especially fond of Mrs Meyer's Lemon Verbena products. All of their product fragrances are inspired by their gardens...

"Our philosophy is to make straightforward, honest cleaners that smell good and work like the dickens on dirt. They are also aromatherapeutic, which is another fancy word for healthy and good."

I keep our shower free of lime deposits by spraying the walls and tub with the shower cleaner every other day, usually as I finish showering. It smells wonderful.
As stated on their website Mrs. Meyer’s only "manufactures cruelty-free, environmentally friendly, biodegradable cleaning products. There are no solvents, no petroleum distillates, no bleach, no phosphates and no ingredients that could cause harsh fumes. In addition, most of our products have a near neutral pH that makes them safe for skin contact."

I wish I could simply use my own cleaning products but if you have tough staining water like mine, I have to recommend you try her line of products. Look for their products at your local Health Food stores but if you are unable to find them - check out their website. If you sign up for their email they will send you coupons as well. Click on this link to be taken to their website: Mrs. Meyers Clean Day.

all photos posted are from Mrs Meyers website.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

I am so not looking forward to spring cleaning. Luckily we got 6 inches of snow in the last 2 days - so it couldn't possibly be spring - will have to wait to do the cleaning.

The Pink Bird House said...

Ugh, spring cleaning. I know that it is coming up at me like a steam train, it can not be avoided. But if I could use products like these, it would make it all a lot nicer, especially with the lemon verbena scent! Yum! -- Debby

Gaston Studio said...

I discovered Mrs. Myer's products a couple of years ago and use some of them faithfully.

Am already doing some spring cleaning down south but I'm leaving the worst job for last... taking down and washing all the blinds and washing the windows! I hate this job and haven't, as yet, found a way to make it any more pleasant.