-->

Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Musings ~ Where Do You Go For Inspiration?


At home..... I go to this particular place in my living room. From this spot on the couch in the early morning silence, I can gather my thoughts and wake up with a cup or two of coffee. I love the view of the field outside as it comes alive with the sunrise of a new day. A morning meditation of sorts.

Outside....I always find it incredibly inspiring to visit the shore and to this particular beach which is covered in stones. We call it the "rocky beach" where I search tirelessly for "heart rocks". I love to sit on the stones warmed by the sun and listen to the waves lap the shore, receding and creating a rushing sound, much like the sound of a rain-stick. Another favorite meditation space.


Around town...I enjoy perusing unique shops for inspiration. One of my favorite local shops is Pallian, located on Route One in Wells, the next town over. Cynthia is the friendly owner and has a wonderful gift for creating beautiful vignettes and displays which reflect the beauty of the changing seasons of Maine.









I am a very sensory individual and am always inspired by the varied textures, smells, and beautiful items in this lovely shop.









I absolutely covet the second floor space of Pallian and think it would make a wonderful artist's studio with it's natural light and wonderful aged pine.

















These are just a few of the places I visit for inspiration. Where do you go?

7 comments:

Audrey said...

Wonderful post!! Love your living room window! The pics are great. Lately I haven't found inspiration anywhere, it might be the cold I have, brain is foggy.

Denise said...

awh! hope you feel better soon Audrey - hard to feel inspired when you're not well.

AtHomeWithSewSuzanne said...

Denise - such a wonderful post. Very soothing and warm! I am going to follow you!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Love your living room...I can totally see why it's good place to wake up and get the day off to a good start! What a beautiful place you live.
Smiles, Karen

MagicMarkingsArt said...

Thank you for the beautiful pictures. We live on the south eastern coast of Va. about 1 mile from the beach. I love to see/visit other coastal areas, and now, through your photo's I've had the chance to see a small portion of your area. Beautiful blog!
cheers

storybeader said...

the shore is beautiful. I miss the ocean where I live now.

Anonymous said...

You have such a lovely blogsite, Denise. Well done! For inspiration, there are a couple of bookstores I like to visit. I also like to visit antique stores, just to check out what's "new!"
I'm looking forward to your next posting.
Canadian Chickadee