-->

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday Tip ~ Using Natural Elements as Props

As many of you know I have a shop on Etsy called Seasonal Vignettes. In this shop I enjoy creating what I call "Artful Arrangements". These are simple, little vignettes that usually reflect the seasons. I also sell seperate natural elements for others to use to create their own "Artful Arrangements", interesting displays for their shops, or to use as props in photographing their shop items.

One of my customers Rhonda, is a woman of many talents. She has a shop on Etsy called SpankinArt where she creates wonderfully whimsical prints. She also is a talented Lampwork artist and creates gorgous beads which she sells on her website - Spanky's Bella Art. She has purchased my sea urchins and used them as props in photographing her Lampwork Jewelry. Click on the photo to the right and check out her blog to see her creative use of sea urchins as props in photography - Spanky's Lampwork Beads and Handmade Sterling Silver Elements

8 comments:

Waterstone Jewelry said...

Beautiful photos!

Expressions By Devin said...

Those are amazing photos thanks so much for the info!!!

ARTISANNE said...

Wow, what gorgeous pics! I have a sea urchin in my bathroom, isn't nature fantastic!

Christie Cottage said...

Lucious lampwork beads!

LillyShayStyle said...

She has some great lampwork beads, I love the photos and the use of sea urchins, what a wonderful idea!

SassySashadoxie said...

Lovely use of nature in your photos, and nature that is unusual at that. Things not everyone gets to see on a daily basis. Spanky's jewelry is cool, too.

Judy said...

I adore the sea urchins..the colors are so calming.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Great info! The photos are awesome!!