-->

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Enjoy a bit of Summer with Raspberry Sorbet

Raspberries are in full bloom here in Southern Maine so I thought I would post a quick refreshing summer recipe! Bon Appetit!

Raspberry Sorbet

1 cup of water
1/2 cup sugar
2 c. fresh raspberries, washed and picked over
1 tablespoon of lemon juice

1. Combine water with the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until the sugar is fully dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine the raspberries with the remaining water in a blender. Purée thoroughly. Strain through a chinois.
3. Combine the raspberry purée with the other ingredients and chill.
4. Freeze mixture in an ice cream machine. Harden in a freezer.
5. Move the sorbet to a refrigerator for a half hour before serving.

Yield: about 4 servings

8 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh my stars - that looks AMAZING! Today is supposed to be hot in my part of the world - some nice cold raspberrie sorbet would be the perfect antidote to heat fatigue!

Katie said...

Sounds delicious! I wish we had raspberries. May have to go to the market.

Hollyrocks said...

Oh wow, that looks delicious! I've been on a kick with fruity things lately too.

Sarah said...

Oh, oh, oh...one of my very favorite treats!! I adore sorbet..especially raspberry!! Thank you for the recipe!! Whoo hoo!! Sarah

Anonymous said...

I can almost smell this lovely refreshing treat!!! I will surely keep the recipe and use it!!! So happy to have visited your blog..and happy we are friends!!!
Blessing, Bevie
http://bevie2u2.blogspot.com

Bonzai Beadwear said...

Sounds refreshing and delicious! thanks for posting, cant wait to try!

paintingpam said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Mmmmmmm--that looks so delish!! thanks for sharing your recipe, my son and I are both nuts about raspberries, so once they start ripening I am gonna give this a shot!
Smiles, Karen