-->

Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday My Town Shoot Out: Reflections

The Friday Shoot Out theme this week is by Audrey in Canada entitled "Reflections". (click on the camera in the right column of my blog for list of participants). I had a bit of a difficult time with this one due to time limitations. The week has been filled with graduation and birthday celebrations. It has also been rainy or maybe I am just suffering from a lack of creativity. I pulled a few out of my photo files.
This is a mural on the side of a building in Old Quebec. I have been there several times and love the European feel of the place. I call this mural "Reflections of the Past", as it depicts life in Quebec long ago.
This is another one from Quebec. I was photographing the beautiful French lace in the windows but ended up with an interesting reflection of the trees behind me. I would love to live in such a stone house!

Warmth of summer days and sunshine.
Ok, I admit this is a loose adaptation on the word "reflections" but it seemed apropos for a shot taken toward the end of summer.

21 comments:

Sarah Lulu said...

I thought the mural was fantastic.

sciencegirl said...

Love that mural in Old Quebec. It reminds me of Lyon, where there are several buildings painted up like that. One's a bookstore that's 4 stories tall, made to look like you're looking inside.

Doreen said...

the mural is very interesting. the last shot is a very good reflection shot. shows a lot of reflective thinking I believe.

Rebecca said...

I would love to live in that stone house too.

Vitamin B-Lardo said...

Lose adaptations suit me just fine!! Great work. Love the mural.

Jen said...

That hammock looks perfect...

Great intrepretation!
:)

Sarah said...

Ohhh wonderful!! I adore the mural!! I thought about doing that kind of reflection too - but I'm kind new - so I stuck with the literal. Wonderful shots!!! Sarah

Kerry said...

Loose-schmoose: these are all wonderful "reflections!" That hammock looks extremely comfy.

GingerV said...

I love it when someone is very creative with the topics, people like me think too straight - a curve makes for a lot of interesting thought.

Pauline said...

Summer and a hammock - I could easily spend a lot of time reflecting on that. The mural was great!

J9 said...

That is a beautiful mural!

paintingpam said...

Kudos to the artist who is that talented!!

Rebecca said...

Hi Denise...Sure girlfriend...just email me or whatever. I'd be happy to join in!

Thanks for visiting! You truly have a wonderful blog...

xoRebecca

Jessica said...

That mural is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. :)

Kerri said...

Amazing mural, and I can see the 'reflections' in the last two shots.

REDLAN said...

Thanks for sharing your reflection photos. BTW, I like the color of your layout. so cool.

Can I grab my favorite photo? I planned to post a collection of this week's photo shoot out them. I will credit your site of course. If it's okay with you.

girlichef said...

I love the trees reflected in the windows!! The mural is gorgeous, too!!

Patty said...

A summer day in a hammock in Maine. What could be more perfect?

I love the mural - fantastic.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Gordon said...

I appreciate the great fun post. I know it's now a cliche, but I liked the mural.

Melissa said...

wow, i like

Chef E said...

I love murals, and like your loose adaptation! Love the cardboard chair on the post below, reflections of my poor house college days :)