-->

Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday - My Town Shoot Out - Textures

My Friday Shoot Out Gang, (click on the camera in the right column of my blog for list of participants) theme this week is entitled "Textures". Linda in Canada came up with the title and I am excited to see how our group will interpret the theme. Visit her blog at Living in the Eastern Woodlands.

Here is a look at this weeks theme "Textures". These photos were shot near my hometown in the city of Portland, Maine 30 minutes North of Kennebunk.

I attended the First Friday Art Walk in Portland last week and what a treat it was! First of all, it finally stopped raining (reason alone to celebrate) and was a beautiful evening for a stroll around this lovely city. Portland has a great Arts District. On the first Friday of each month they feature open galleries complete with music as well as wine and cheese to nibble on while you discover new local Artists. Here are a few "textures" I found interesting to my eye.
An Artists Easel - I loved the texture of the paint!

You can never have enough books! I like this photo of contrasts.
These last three were my favorites!
Loved the florals displayed in a gallery above a florist.

19 comments:

Crochet Candy said...

Cool finds!

Natalie said...

Hi Denise, wow, what fun you had! I really love the second one.xx♥

A Scattering said...

The Art Walk looks like great fun. I'm torn between the rooster and the hedgehog, but they're all great.

gigi said...

I love the stack of books with the water pitcher on it. That must have been such a fun place to visit. I even picked up a couple of ideas. (wink, wink)

Thanks for stopping by my place and Have a blessed weekend!

Vitamin B-Lardo said...

OOOOh what a neat shootout.

and you are the mystery guesser!!!

Sarah said...

Oh I love the shots!! I have done the artwalk in Portland - wonderful to revisit! I like the fish - yikes scary but cool!!! Sarah

Doreen said...

very artsy and crafty! :-) my fav would be the stack of books also. love books and the way the pic is balanced out is awesome!

Kerry said...

That hedgehog: talk about texture! And I love the the smooth metal fish. The florist had fun creating 3-D puns on real paintings!

Si's blog said...

Delightful pictures and colors.

Each blog has a different take on the theme. Need more hours in the day to get around to all of them and study them.

paintingpam said...

Great Picts!

Jen said...

Oh wow, these are great. I love the art on the wall and the stack of books.

Very very nice!

Have a wonderful weekend.

:)

Butler and Bagman said...

Yes, I loved the last two too...what a wonderful combination of flowers and frames. And the fish. And the rest. Great texture shoot.

Audrey said...

Fantastic! I love the first picture from the Art Walk and I adore the fighting hedgehog!

Strawberry Girl said...

Beautiful pictures of texturous art (is texturous even a word? Eh, who cares) ;D

Patty said...

Wonderful photos you chose to entertain us with. I love the rooster and fish. The pitcher on books has great composition and color.

I love Kennebunk. One of my favorite places.

Hope you are enjoying out shoot outs!
Hope to see you next week.

REDLAN said...

Whatta unique art gallery! I like that book photo most. Thanks for sharing.

Can I grab one of my favorites to post on my blog? I am planning to post a collection of Friday shoot out of my favorites in one post every week. It will link back here to let them see more of your photos. If it's okay with you.

Chele said...

This selection was so much fun! Great pics!

Carrie said...

Love the porcupines! The artwalk sounds like a great place to find textures.

GigiSxm said...

cool texture shots, very artistic