-->

Saturday, July 18, 2009

National Ice Cream Day

According to the International Ice Cream Association, tomorrow Sunday, July 19 is National Ice Cream Day. The ice cream industry in the US contributes to the economic support of the nations dairy industry and provides jobs for thousands of people.

In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. He recognized, "Ice Cream is a nutritious and wholesome food, enjoyed by over 90 percent of the people in the United States. It enjoys a reputation as the perfect dessert and snack food." So do your part tomorrow and eat some Ice Cream!


Here are a few suggestions to celebrate National Ice Cream Month:

  1. Tour an Ice Cream Factory. Of course the best part is sampling the ice cream. A web search can provide you with an ice cream factory near you.
  2. Have a Sundae party. Make it a "Pot Luck Sundae" where you provide the ice cream and friends bring their favorite toppings.
  3. Make Ice Cream Sandwiches with homemade cookies.
  4. Don't forget our pets. Make a few treats they can cool off with - Doggie Treats Recipe
Link:
Ice Cream Facts: http://www.idfa.org/facts/icecream.cfm

7 comments:

Katie said...

I've been celebrating all month! :D

nomadcraftsetc said...

We are actually having a "Sundae" Sunday party tomorrow!

I wanted to let you know that you have been chosen for a blog award...you can check it out here:

http://nomadcraftsetc.blogspot.com/

Scriptor Senex said...

I need no excuse to eat ice cream! Must celebrate tomorrow though.

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Denise, how interesting about it being National Ice Cream day. If I love anything in life, it has to be ice cream! I just had a bowl of Ben & Jerry's "Half Baked" flavor today, and had to make myself stop before I ate the whole thing all by myself!! My nephew lives in VT near the factory, and one of these days when I can ever get back to the states for longer then just a few days AND make it up north to VT I would love to see that factory. Your comment on my recent post could easily have been written by me!! My kids are all older too (12 to 24) but that is what makes life so hectic, just keeping up with THEIR schedules now and all the friends and places to go!! And yup, I too spend my days cooking for the crowd and doing all the laundry, which in the summer seems to be doubled!! I don't get to travel much anymore, so am glad when we have guests here on the campground from all over, I can "travel" thru their stories and see the world thru their eyes! (by the way, we are close in age, I am 51). have a good weekend, Debby

Krazy Kate Designs said...

Now that one I'm gonna have to celebrate. :)

starrynightimpressions said...

Oh brother and I just started a no sugar no flour diet today!!!!
But between you and me, I might have to sneak a bowl for the celebration tomorrow!!!
My fav? Coffee Heathbar, it is too die for!!!!!
blessings,
starrydeborah

Daven Evan Xaviour said...

Right now I have banana cream pie ice cream. Hooray for ice cream month!