-->

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Artist/Naturalist Andy Goldsworthy ~ Thursday Thinking Green

Resourceful, meticulous, innovative are just a few of the words I would use to describe Naturalist Artist Andy Goldsworthy. Goldsworthy is a very talented British artist who creates his art through found natural elements. Here is a quote from the artist:
"Movement, change, light, growth and decay are the lifeblood of nature, the energies that I try to tap through my work. I need the shock of touch, the resistance of place, materials and weather, the earth as my source. Nature is in a state of change and that change is the key to understanding. I want my art to be sensitive and alert to changes in material, season and weather. Each work grows, stays, decays. Process and decay are implicit. Transience in my work reflects what I find in nature."

"The underlying tension of a lot of my art is to try and look through the surface appearance of things. Inevitably, one way of getting beneath the surface is to introduce a hole, a window into what lies below."
View some of his fantastic work in this Youtube video:

1 comment:

Hollyrocks said...

I am completely in awe of how talented he is! Thanks for the video. That was fascinating!