-->

Monday, August 31, 2009

thoughts for my sons ~ Monday Musings

Rudiments of Life
Jayne Jaudon Ferrer


If I could give you a list of ways
to make your life more pleasant,
I would say
eat mangoes,
stand tall,
pick apples,
read books,
buy flowers,
smell stew,
give presents,
give hugs,
bake cookies,
write letters,
pet puppies,
climb mountains,
wear sweaters,
hear music,
make friends,
use chopsticks,
go skiing,
hold babies,
fly kites,
watch clouds,
sing passionately,
breath deeply,
attend church,
eschew politics,
acquire patience,
ignore idiots,
pray daily,
cry unashamedly,
smile freely,
laugh lustily,
be truthful,
share knowledge,
ask questions,
take naps,
plan picnics,
kiss gently,
say thank you,
save keepsakes,
celebrate often,
love lots.

From the book, A Mother of Sons by Jayne Jaudon Ferrer

7 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

Those are great words for your sons. I'm sure they will remember them always.

Chele said...

This is a good one. I think I'll print it off and put it on the fridge for my sons.

Jayne Jaudon Ferrer said...

I'm flattered to find my words on your blog. This poem is from my book, "A Mother of Sons," published by Loyola Press and available at bookstores everywhere.

Suzanne said...

Great words for sons and daughters and everyone else! Wonderful job Jayne!

Hollyrocks said...

This is such a lovely little poem! I'm sure that your sons are wonderful, honest men because they were brought up by a great woman like yourself. And I must say, you're a good-lookin' family too! :-)

Cottage In The Sun said...

Oh, how sweet is that - great words for everyone!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Beautiful words and thoughts for anyone! Lovely!