-->

Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday My Town Shootout - Aged and Weathered

Pauline has chosen this weeks photo topic - Aged and Weathered. (Click on photos to enlarge for more detail). A walk around town reveals...

Welcoming Weathered Wicker
A granite bridge that has been here forever (or at least as long as I can remember having grown up here). It is well covered in plants and moss. I love granite stone. It is found all throughout New England in house foundations, bridges, gardens, countertops....
Below, a wonderful house being prepped for painting.
A weathered sign with original owners name from long ago. Stevens is a very common name in my hometown.Lobster traps and lines damaged from Hurricane Bill.
Weathered chain by the Pier in Cape Porpoise
Thanks for stopping by and remember to click on the camera on the right hand side of my blog to visit the Friday Shoot Out gang and view their take on this weeks theme.

20 comments:

Simply Heather said...

The first and the third shots are my favorites, although the colors of blue in some are wonderful :) I like the way the sun splotches elegantly on the weathered white building. And the setting in the first one just seems SO peaceful.

Happy Friday :)

GingerV said...

Ditto to Heathers comments. I the wicker chairs are inviting and bring some memory that says HOME, but I have never lived where there is wicker on the front porch.... hummm.
good post, I enjoyed

Rebecca said...

I'm lovin' that old sign on the house!

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

I love the third shot too...it looks like a true fishing town...
wonderful.
Char

Kerry said...

Hi Denise! Again, great photos from the northeast. The scraped white house is so nicely defined against the sky. I love granite too, and lobster traps.

NanU said...

New England certainly is a good place to find weathered things. Have a good weekend!

kate said...

I love the overgrown stones that you find in the northeast - like the ones you photographed. I really like the shots you took of the beaten up lobster traps. Those are seriously weathered.

Creative Dragonfly said...

Great photos!

Doreen said...

wonderful choices for this weeks theme. hard to choose a fav for me. maybe the sign. have a great weekend!

Pauline said...

Those wicker chairs are very inviting. How many stories could be told by that old granite bridge! Lovely photos!

J9 said...

I like the chain in the water - makes me wonder what it was used for - mooring? lobster pot?

Gordon said...

Now, that's odd! Seeing someone else write about hurricane damage. I enjoyed the tour.

A Scattering said...

Love all your shots but I'm partial to the house sign - sweet.

REDLAN said...

Nice weathered photos Denise. I like the first photo most! It's like I was with you touring around in your town.

Sarah Lulu said...

You really do live in one of my favourite places.

Carrie said...

Wonderful shoot-out, Denise. I love the house - what an adorable window up top - and the sign. Love the history it implies.

Jen said...

Your town is so homey. I could cuddle up in a fleece blanket with a good book on those wicker chairs and sit for hours...

Ann said...

comment on behalf of the lobsters." Yippee, freedom"

I like the wicker chairs.

Linda said...

It is obvious the salt sea air weathers all things naturally and aesthetically. A large part of the beauty is your eye for capturing the process so perfectly. There is a quiet peacefulness that old paint suggests. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos.

Barry said...

The weathered wicker looks very comfortable. Age and weathering sometimes only bring out the beauty in things.