-->

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday Thinking Green - Visit a Green Restaurant

This past Sunday was my birthday. It was especially nice that both of my sons were home this year. Since it was my birthday, I got to choose where we dined for the evening. I picked a place on the North Shore of Massachusetts, as we had to drive my son back to college in Boston and this would be along the way. I had been hearing great things about the Seaglass Restaurant and being a seaglass collector, wanted to give it a try.

The Seaglass literally lies at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean on Salisbury Beach.
The Dining Room had a lovely atmosphere with breathtaking, panoramic ocean views and natural beach elements, complete with a fireplace embellished with beach stones which was lit and created such a cozy environment. Committed to being environmentally conscious in its mission and actions, the Restaurant is apparently seeking recognition as one of the state’s few certified green restaurants by the national Green Restaurant Association.

The menu was varied and offered something for everyone. I personally love seafood and their menu was fabulous with a wide selection of fresh local fish and seafood.To my son's delight, they also offered an array of Black Angus Beef raised in the US mid-west heartland on a 100% grain fed, steroid and hormone free diet. All of the produce that accompanies the entrees is grown locally in Newburyport at Ferry Landing Farm .The food was delicious and we all agreed we would visit again.
Fresh food served in an environmentally sustainable environment - a business certainly worth supporting!
Links:
Visit the Seaglass Restaurant website by clicking on the logo above.
Find a Green Restaurant in your area by visiting the Green Restaurant Association website.

2 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

What a nice treat!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I've been enjoying your blogs. Canadian Chickadee