-->

Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday My Hometown Shootout - Parks / Landscapes

This week's Team theme is "Parks / Landscapes" chosen by Jarielyn of "Write Place!Write Chick!". I love going to this local Art gallery called Mast Cove, as they always seem to have interesting artwork both inside and outside. The grounds are truly like a park with lovely gardens and interesting sculptures. I thought I would share a few of them with you. In my opinion, Parks are beautiful places especially when they have visuals, such as sculptures to view. Remember to click on the photos to enlarge.
Thank you for visiting my hometown shoot out - remember to check out the other member blogs for a glimpse of their hometowns from around the world. Click on their blog links posted in the left hand column of the Friday My Town Shootout Blog .

16 comments:

GingerV said...

yes, this is a great garden (parkland as it is called in England) I can remember sitting is grass like your's and soading the sun and warm air. We don't have grass here (well somethink like crab grass, coarse and unpleasant to sit on.)
have a great weekend.

Barry said...

We chose the grounds of an Art Gallery to photograph this week as well. I especially loved your photo of the statue of the seahorse. I can't even imagine what height that must be, but it looks amazing!

Rebecca said...

I enjoy the sculptures too. Our parks are a little bland in that department...thanks for sharing yours1

Heather said...

I always enjoy seeing sculptures from all over, thanks for sharing these with us today :)

NanU said...

Those are indeed some colorful artworks out on the lawn. It must be a nice place to visit.

Doreen said...

very unique park. love the seahorse sculpture. have a great weekend!!

Pauline said...

Love the statue of the seahorse - beautiful! Lovely post.

~JarieLyn~ said...

I like the statue of the seahorse too. very nice.

Sarah Lulu said...

Love the seahorse!

Claire said...

You post the most wonderful photos. I am enamored with the mermaid, especially. I enjoy your blog and check it regularly. Will try to comment more often, since I realize I love getting comments, too.

Ann said...

Sculptors of stone are so clever. The sculptures last forever.

In July, I visited a city in Borneo. The sea horse is a mascot of Miri. That sculpture must be 3 storeys high.

http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.com/2009/07/our-worldtuesday-borneo-miri-city.html

SOL said...

Great shots! My favorite is the mermaid.

A Scattering said...

Oh my, the seahorse is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hello from Russia!
Can I quote a post "No teme" in your blog with the link to you?

Chef E said...

I enjoy your blog, so I will be following, and will pass the word around about your etsy site...

Come over I wrote something for my sisters...

Carrie said...

Very nice! I like the sculptures of the mermaid & seahorse.