-->

Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday My Town Photo Shoot Out - Sunset over Provincetown

This week's Team theme is "Sunrise/Sunsets" from Sherri. Here are a few I took recently on a trip to Provincetown, Ma., (which I highly recommend). It is a beautiful area with gorgeous sand dunes and sandy beaches. Race Point beach is apparently the only place on the East Coast of the US that one can see the sun rise and set over the water. We didn't get up early enough to catch the sunrise but did catch a glorious sunset. I admit I am not great with the settings on my camera but tried to get a few to capture the moment. Remember to click on the photos to enlarge.

Thank you for visiting my blog and remember to visit the blogs of the team. Click on their blog links posted in the left hand column of the Friday My Town Shootout Blog .

20 comments:

IN LOVE¿ said...

Oh, the first photo is so perfect! I have nothing more to say. I just watch it.

Rebecca said...

Very pretty. Sounds like a great place. I like the last one with the silhouettes of the people walking by.

Mary said...

Very pretty. I like the bird who wanted to be in the picture.

Barry said...

The last seagull retiring for the night, captured forever in your photo. Beautiful, I love this series.

shabby girl said...

So beautiful! I would have sat there watching until it was pitch black.

Carrie said...

What is more beautiful than a sunset? You've captured it perfectly.

kate said...

That first one is perfect...I love that you got the bird in the shot, too.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Very nice and peaceful. I really love the last photo because of the people walking on the beach. It gives it kind of a romantic quality.

Hollyrocks said...

I feel like I'm there! What a beautiful series of photos. I think the first one is my favorite because the bird adds the perfect touch.

gigi goods said...

Beautiful photos and setting. Those are great to daydream to on a Friday afternoon.

Chef E said...

P-Town is where hubby and I fell in love, so this is a winner in my books :) Nice job, and I love the water no matter what ground it washes up on...

Linda said...

These are such peaceful, beautiful pictures, Denise. I love the colours of the sky contrasted with the deep blues of the water. Very lovely. Thanks for your wonderful talent for making inspiring choices.

Sarah Lulu said...

Ohhhhhh the one with the bird is wonderful!

Sherri said...

I love that first photo..that bird is a nice additional feature. Beautiful photos of a beautiful place.

Emma said...

LOVE the first one! How awesome that you captured the silhouette of a bird with the sunset! You were killing two birds with one stone with this week and last week! (pun intended.) ;)

:: flyingstars :: said...

simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

Doreen said...

very beautiful and serene Denise. have a great week!!

Kim said...

The progression of the sun going down over the water is beautiful! Nicely done!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh - the bird soaring in the sky, with the sunlight glow...WOW.

You have raised the bar, my friend.

GigiSxm said...

The first pic is my favorite. great shots