-->

Friday, November 27, 2009

Neti Pot - Item of the week

My son came home from college with a second sinus infection from the dorms being too warm. So rather than getting another antibiotic, I decided to give the Neti pot a try. (You can purchase them at most Health Food stores). It is a simple, natural way to clean and flush out your nasal cavities. It apparently works by utilizing a warm saline solution (non iodized salt and water) and gravity to quickly and easily flush out the 4 nasal passages. I even found a video that shows you how to use one. It looks pretty easy and is just in time for the dry winter weather! I purchased my "Om Neti Pot" at Whole Foods which features products made in Maine. (Coryell Clayworks-Neti Pot) Click on the pot to be taken to their potters website.

3 comments:

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

OrganicJar said...

Thanks for posting our video! Love your blog! Namaste - Jason

TheNikiProject said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my neti pot. I do it a bit different from the video though. I fill up an average gatorade bottle with warm water, add a 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and shake the bottle up. This gives me enough solution to pour a full pot through each nostril and then a bit more to pour through the first nostril again. Doing it this way REALLY cleans out the sinuses!