-->

Monday, December 28, 2009

New Beginnings - Monday Musings

For many, the coming of a new calendar year marks the possibility of new beginnings. Here in America it seems to have become a culturally acceptable opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start over. I have to admit I am not so much into the idea of New Year resolutions. I try my best to allow daily change in my life as needed (admittedly, not always with great success, but I keep trying).

I have been working at home for the last 6 years after spending 16 years as a stay-at-home-mom. All that is about to change. I recently accepted a position with the local Child Abuse Council. It is a non-profit organization for which I have great respect. They are an agency throughout the US that provides consultation, education and direct service programs in the areas of Child Abuse and Neglect. I will be working here in York County full time as their Community Outreach Coordinator. I really look forward to the opportunity to assist them in their mission and goals. With that said, my life will change considerably. Since I will be working full time and continuing with a few of my on-line shops part time, I won't be blogging as often. I presently have two blogs, this blog and Simply French. I have decided for now I will blog four days a week here and three days a week on Simply French (see sidebar for "blog schedule"). I hope you will continue to follow me and I will do my best to visit your blogs as well.

I wish you all Peace and a year of new possibilities in your lives. May you embrace life and experience the love, joy, hope, and happiness which can be found in each of life's moments. Today I would like to share with you this poem by the Indian poet Kalidasa:

Listen to the Exhortation of the Dawn!
Look to this Day!
For it is Life, the very Life of Life.
In its brief course lie all the
Verities and Realities of your Existence.
The Bliss of Growth,
The Glory of Action,
The Splendor of Beauty;
For Yesterday is but a Dream,
And To-morrow is only a Vision;
But To-day well lived makes
Every Yesterday a Dream of Happiness,
And every Tomorrow a Vision of Hope.
Look well therefore to this Day!
Such is the Salutation of the Dawn!

image from google images

8 comments:

Mersad said...

Good luck on your endeavors in the coming year!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning,
Best of luck to you. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you to serve others with your compassion and understanding. When do you start?

Have a great Monday ~Natalie

The Pink Birdhouse said...

congratulations on all the news changes taking place in your life. It will be an adjustment, but sometimes letting the breezes blow fresh air into our lives is just what we need!

Denise said...

thank you dear friends!

Natalie- I start in one week PT and then go on vacation with my husband for a week (planned before I got the job) and then begin full time on Jan. 19th! I am very excited!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, Denise. I am sure you'll be perfect for the job. And such a worthwhile cause.

Continued happiness and success, not only in 2010 but always.

Canadian Chickadee

Pauline said...

Huge changes for you in the New Year, Denise, aren't there? Congratulations on your new job, I'm sure you will be an asset to an already worthy cause. And thank heavens you intend to carry on blogging. I didn't plan on losing one of my favourite blgos in the New Year.

Denise said...

thanks Pauline - you are so sweet! I enjoy visiting you also!

Patty said...

We sure need more people like you working in child abuse. There is so much of it going on. It seems like everyday you read something in the the national news, and wonder how this is still happening.

Just two days before Christmas, a young girl went missing about an hour up the road. They found her Christmas day. An x-boyfriend of the aunt the girl was living with had abducted her and killed her. We had 3000 people searching for her over the holidays. They found his quickly because he was a convicted predator. Why do they let these people out. Twice!

Anyway, you keep 'em straight.