-->

Monday, January 25, 2010

Boston in the Wind - Monday Musings

"In Boston serpents whistle at the cold." Poet Robert Lowell

My husband and I recently visited Boston for a few days. I will admittedly, think twice before visiting again in the middle of January. It was cold everywhere in the country last week but it felt especially cold on the waterfront where we stayed. The city could easily be dubbed the windy city (move over Chicago). Despite the cold we had a lovely time and were able to do some much needed shopping. I found new clothing for work at great sale prices and my husband found a great tailor and purchased several suits.
I brought my new Nikon digital SLR along and even though I haven't totally figured out all the bells and whistles (thankful for the auto setting), I snapped a few photographs of the Boston architecture that I love and thought I would share a few with you. I find Boston buildings to be a wonderful juxtaposition of old and new and have always admired the city's priority of Historic preservation. I would love to keep an apartment here for weekend jaunts but alas, it is a very expensive city to live. But one can always dream!






1 comment:

CAPow! said...

I lived in Boston for 4 years, your pictures are making me miss it lots (even boston in january!)