-->

Monday, March 8, 2010

Upcycled CupCake holder - Monday Musings

This is the time of year I go crazy with de-stashing and reorganizing. There is something about the end of winter that simply inspires me to do so. Maybe I simply want to be free to play in the gardens as soon as the ground thaws.

I found this great item in a shop recently and was told by the sales person it is a cupcake holder. I don't bake cupcakes, ( although I do enjoy one on occasion) but immediately thought it would be great with small, clear glass jars to corral all my jewelry supplies. I found these inexpensive clear glass votives fit perfectly. Here are the before and after photos. I have placed mine on a Lazy Susan so I can easily turn it to find what I need and is perfect for keeping beads at my fingertips. It's just what my studio needed!

8 comments:

littlethings1 said...

Love it ! Organized and pretty all at the same time !
Eunice
The Little Things

Jennie said...

What a fantastic idea! I love the result :)

Lafe's Hidden Treasures said...

What a transformation! This is really a nice piece! Have a great day.

Linda said...

OOH, love it. I'm washing walls first for Spring cleaning and then getting ready to declutter too.

How many brief and totebags do I need?

Linda
http://lindab142.etsy.com

Debby said...

How fun is this? Love it!!!
debby

starrynightimpressions said...

Oh my goodness Denise! that is fantastic of an idea. I've seen those cupcake stands here and there and always wanted one but don't really bake cupcakes anymore. Next time I see one I will grab it and steal your idea, lol.
blessings,
starrydeborah

Lana of Honeysuckle Lane said...

Oh I love that! Now I will have to be on the lookout for a cupcake holder. What a great idea!

BarkerBell Herbs and Heirlooms said...

This is adorable! I love finding items like this that are functional as well as beautiful. Great job on the transformation! Putting it on the lazy susan was a fantastic idea as well. Now I'll be watching for a cupcake holder as I go thrifting. I think you may have started something here. : )