-->

Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Musings


A responsible Warrior is not someone who takes the weight of the world on his shoulders, but someone who has learned to deal with the challenges of the moment.   Paulo Coelho
Life once again seems to have it's challenges and uncertainty.  How do you deal with life's challenges?  I try my best at taking a somewhat simple path that I found to be not always so simple but usually is helpful.
  • I try to remember nothing lasts forever, the old adage "this too shall pass" becomes a very reassuring mantra.
  • Having a support system of family and friends to lean on really helps. I especially treasure the gift of friendship among my women friends and the sharing in the experiences of life as  women.  No one else provides such an uncanny intimacy and acceptance - where you can relax into another soul and be all that you are, and all that you are not. There is such an immense comfort in the mutual understanding of our experience - the connection that we are not alone as women.
  • I try not to look at the big picture which can sometimes be overwhelming. I try daily to be in the moment and take one day at a time, dealing simply with what is presently in front of me. I like to think of keeping the troublesome parts of life in "bite-size" pieces, chewing them, one at a time and allowing my mind to digest and think of ways of approaching a particular problem or issue (which often can lead to helping in the overall "big" picture).  Rushing through it all can often make me "choke", because so often, there is so much emotion involved as well.
  • I like to have a simple statement or affirmation for reassurance. Part of my daily meditation involves quietly reciting affirmations to myself and for others. This can be very centering and empowering. I find it  also helps to quiet negative thoughts that too often exist in our minds. 
  • Most of all I try to remember life is a journey and a process. Even though overcoming obstacles and life challenges can be difficult, they allow us to learn more about ourselves and others,  where we are going and what is our ultimate purpose here in our lives. Each moment provides us with the opportunity to love ourselves and to also love and understand those around us.

 

1 comment:

fruitfulwords said...

Love this quote. That is a good skill to develop - to look at the moment and do what needs doing. I guess that is also similar to not looking at the whole picture.

I handle life's challenges better when I have a support system too.