-->

Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Musings


I have been trying to read more this year and with being inside in the winter, I find it a great time to read at different intervals throughout the day. 

Here are just a few I try to peek at daily:
  • 365 Dalai Lama  ♥ Daily Advice from the Heart
  • An Open Heart The Dalai Lama
  • Self Mediation
  • Learning and Motivation (my college course books)
I have been trying to work out daily and while riding my stationary bicycle for one hour, I have been reading:
  • French Women don't get fat
  • French Women for all seasons
  • Sexy forever - how to fight fat after 40 (do you see a theme here? Ultimate goal of course ;)
  • magazines: Whole Living, Yoga and Victoria
At night before sleep I have been reading Julia Child's romantic story ~ My Life in France and absolutely loving it!

What are you reading this winter? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

anna @petits bonheurs said...

oh gosh... julia child... i think soon i'll stop being greedy and will order this book online!
i'm teased all over the blogosphere:)))

Anonymous said...

So many great choices out there.

One author I love is the late Gladys Taber. She was a writing teacher and had a magazine column for many years in the 1950's & 1960's. Her books are probably all out of print, but should be available at libraries or on line second hand.

Her books are more in the line of diaries, filled with interesting observations about nature, the seasons, and life in general. Whenever I have insomnia, I pull out one of her books, and reread. I never fail to find them comforting.

Two of her titles: Stillmeadow Calendar, Stillmeadow and Sugarbridge. There are dozens of others; these are the only two I can think of at the moment.

BTW, Stillmeadow was the name of her 17th Century saltbox house in Connecticut. I think you would like these books.

Canadian Chickadee