-->

Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Food Feature

For many years I was not very good about "remembering" to eat breakfast. Don't get me wrong I ALWAYS drink one or two cups of coffee first thing but that is not breakfast, or at least shouldn't be.  I think it's a kick-back to the days of High School and College and all the Yo-Yo dieting. I am paying for it now. Health studies have shown the worst thing one can do is skip a meal or breakfast as your body, to put it simply, goes into starvation mode and stores fat. So really skipping meals can make you heavier (menopause doesn't help either)!  In the last few years I have become much more disciplined in my eating and do consistently eat breakfast. Here are a few ideas from Real Simple Magazine on 9 Fast and Healthy ideas for breakfast. Click on the photo below to be taken to their slide show with delicious suggestions!

No comments: