-->

Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Musings


I love florals - one of my absolute favorite things in nature. They appeal to all my senses.
I especially love growing Hydrangea floral bushes and trees. We have a landscape that includes both sun-drenched as well as shaded garden beds.  I find the many of varieties of Hydrangea absolutely addicting. I have a compulsion to add new varieties each Spring. They are fabulous with their continuous color all summer (the blooming Blue Nikko above) through Fall (the Limelight variety below). 
Their beauty with changing texture and color unfolds as the seasons progress.  Here in the Northeast, in order to insure new blooms for next year you have to cut the flower heads off before the snow flies. You can let them dry naturally and they will provide lovely color indoors throughout the Fall and Winter. 

   
Here are just a few of the bushes in my backyard that I have to get busy pruning for next year. Summer has left us...sigh... but for today I will simply sit and enjoy the day and the beauty they provide.

No comments: