-->

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thinking Green

My husband and I keep our house at a cool 64-65 degrees in the daytime and 60 at night (lots of down comforters). We both work at home - he dresses in sweats, I in yoga pants with sweaters. So far this works for us and we save money on our oil bill. If I have to do computer work you can usually find me in front of the fireplace with my laptop.  
I recently came across a new type of Thermostat called the NEST that might be able to save you some money by conserving energy through controlling the temperature in your home. You can even lower it from your iPhone. Check out the Youtube video below:
  

1 comment:

Bagman and Butler said...

I never touch our thermostat for fear of my wife asking, "Did you touch the thermostat?" But that's okay because I have a low sensitivity (or high tolerance) for heat and cold so I never know whether its too hot or too cold anyhow.