Delicious Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Bars
1 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c unsalted butter (cold and cut into small cubes)
2 1/2 c quick oats
2 tbsps apple juice
1/4 c brown sugar (firmly packed)
2 tbsps whole wheat flour
3 1/2 c fresh blueberries
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 375, grease a 9x13 pan.
- For the crust/topping: Add flour, brown sugar, and salt to bowl of food processer. Pilse once or twice to combine, add butter, then pulse five to six more times until course crumbs form. Add the oats and pulse three or four more times.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of the mixture and set aside. Add the apple juice to the remaining mixture and pulse three or four more times until it is just moistened. Press this mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- For the filling: Whisk together sugar and flour in a medium sized bowl. Add the fruit and lemon juice and gently toss with a rubber spatula until the fruit is coated. Distribute the filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over the filling.
- Bake the dish until the top is golden, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let the pan cool on wire rack for a few hours and then cut the sheet into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container in your fridge.