-->

Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Musings

Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity. - Lindley Karstens
  
I planted my garden a few weekends ago. I have two raised beds and several pots so although it's not a huge garden, it is enough to keep my food budget supplemented through part of the summer and fall. 

I planted yellow and green zucchini, spaghetti squash, pea pods, peppers, bush beans - in a rainbow of colors, spinach, leeks, pumpkins and gords. I also have a potted herb garden with thyme, oregano, parsley, cilantro, rosemary, basil and of course, lavender.  

I am really looking forward to July when if all goes well, I will begin harvesting my bounty. What did you plant this year?

photos are of watercolors done by artist Melissa Sweet, In the French Kitchen Garden by Georgeanne Brennan

No comments: