-->

Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Musings: For the Health of It!




With the seasons changing I find it a good time to evaluate my life and create a few good habits.  Here's my late Fall / Winter list I have come up with for 'the health of it'.


  • Start the day with a warm cup of water, juice of half a lemon and 1 teaspoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (before my first cup of Joe). This is suppose to aid digestion, boost metabolism and cleanse the liver and other vital organs.
  • Drink 64 ounces of clean, filtered water each day. I find this easier to do in summer but will try to make it a goal for winter as well. Certainly will hydrate the skin and lips as well as the body and may even prevent that afternoon slump I often feel at 3 P.M.
  • Drink a green smoothie at least 3-4 times a week. I have no trouble drinking fruit with kefir but know veggies are great too. Feel free to share in the comments section your favorite combinations.
  • Daily Yoga followed by 15-20 minutes of Meditation (with deep breathing) at least 3-4 times a week. In the past this has helped me maintain focus of the mind and flexibility of the spine!
  • Take time to relax. Maybe end the day with a warm lavender bath, candles and as always - a good book.
  • Get back to getting outside and enjoying the beautiful area I live through photography. Maybe I'll even start journaling this Winter.
  • I need to be more consistent with exercise. I have a recumbent bicycle and enjoy reading while cycling. I just need to become more consistent and strive for at least 5 days a week for 40 minutes. I'm presently at 3 so just a few more days and I'll be on my way!
  • Try some new, healthy recipes I've pinned on Pinterest. I'd like to eat more raw food and try some new bean and soup recipes.
  • Laugh more and enjoy each moment for what it is. Life is good when we take time to look at our lives and all we are blessed with!
Do you have any great tips or recipes you would like to share?


No comments: